I originally conceived of this as a list of tropes from the original Scooby Doo series, but it would be much more fun as a drinking game, don’t you think?
SO in honor of my being 21 (hahaha, not really, I still can’t figure out how to get a taste for alcohol) I would like to present The Unofficial Scooby Doo Drinking Game.
(I got the complete 1st season of the show as a present (the NOSTALGIA) and have been watching it a bit/fair amount/all the time.)
And thank you to my Dad, the original Scooby Doo fan, for brainstorming with me.
The Unofficial Scooby Doo Drinking Game
- Someone says any of the following: ‘Jinkies’ (Velma), ‘Jeepers’ (Daphne usually), ‘Groovy’ (Everybody ever), ‘Zoinks’ (Shaggy), or ‘Like Wow’ (Shaggy)
- The title of the episode rhymes or uses alliteration
- The Malt Shop
- Fred suggests that they split up (and another drink if the split looks like this: Shaggy-Scooby/Fred-Daphne-Velma)
- Drink for a chase sequence
- Damsel in distress Daphne is captured/disappears/accidentally messes something up
- Scooby Snacks are eaten (drink a whole bottle if the whole box is ingested? 😛 )
- Velma loses her glasses- and another drink if the monster hands them back to her
- Stupid Fred takes a stupid and creepy shortcut/gets lost driving, leading to the discovery of the mystery
- Scooby steals Shaggy’s food
- If you want to get super drunk: every time the physics don’t hold
- A drink for every clue! (and an extra big drink for footprints)
- Any ‘meddling kids’ type expletive from the captured villain
And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren’t for you meddling kids!
- Fred’s trap-plan malfunctions (but somehow works in an unanticipated way?)
- Shaggy and Scooby are used as bait
- The villain was trying to distract from a criminal operation
- The first character you see (other than the gang) is the ‘bad guy’, frequently the character who warns them about the monster
- A mouse or chipmunk type thing is briefly mistaken for a monster
- Secret passage
- Disguises employed by the gang to fool the monster
- Episode ends with Scooby saying “Scooby Dooby Doo” (cue group laughter)