I’ve a busy day (as I did yesterday) so just a quick rundown of the plants that are really thriving in my garden at the moment:
- honeysuckle- it’s blooming and climbing all over the porch!
- lavender- not blooming yet, but after being harshly cut back in early spring (it was getting far too craggy) it’s really taken off.
- coral bells- I wasn’t expecting these to come back this year, but they’re here and they’re blooming.
- phlox- We’ve two white phlox plants in the side yard and again, I wasn’t expecting them to return this year but they’re here and apparently pretty satisfied.
- grape vines- We need to do some cluster thinning.
- bleeding heart- Another thing that I planted last year that I didn’t have the highest hopes for, but they’ve just ended their spring blooming. Lovely to see them.
- sea roses- We have some sea roses on the street by the side of the house and they’re looking amazing and fragrant and making the bees very happy.
- anemone- Not blooming yet, but they really seem to adore something about the light or soil in the front garden. They’re not blooming yet, but they’ve been here for years and they’re spreading, which makes me very happy.
Keeping an eye out for my guard, sea holly, etc.