Firstly, a brief apology that my posting has fallen off (that said, one a day is a bit tricky to maintain- which is the same reason I haven’t taken my vitamins for maybe two months). I blame my “moving to France” preparations. And also I am so tickled that that’s a thing- the best kind of preparations to be making and complications to be having.
But it really does make me annoyed with the government- both governments, America’s and France’s. Anarchy!!!
Okay, I’m done.
You may remember that I did a post some not very long distance of time ago about the movies that were coming out this year, they’re various release dates, what I was excited to see and what not. Well, I foolishly assumed that that would cover my new and unseen film enthusiasm at least for a few months- until the films started popping up that I hadn’t yet heard much about.
It doesn’t seem to have even tided me over for a week.
Here’s what’s happening:
- I’m listening to the Atomic Blonde soundtrack. I’ve heard the film isn’t particularly good (which is very very disappointing- I was hoping for a female James Bond kind of thing, but apparently it’s needlessly convoluted). And people have also been referring to this film as ‘Jane Wick’ or ‘John Wick without the Dick’, which is very inventive if you ask me. Haven’t seen John Wick yet, but I hear a dog dies, causing Keanu Reeves to embark on a mission of vengeance, which sounds really reasonable and frankly relatable. So not planning to see Atomic Blonde. But I’ll listen to the soundtrack to get utmost satisfaction from whatever it can give me. And now I can’t get over Killer Queen as a foxtrot. Beautiful.
- The Proud Mary trailer doesn’t look promising to me, but I’m super annoyed about how negative the youtube comments are- a lot of people seem to believe the movie will be shit because the lead is female and black. “Is 2018 the year of female movie leads?” (There was more caps lock than that) (As opposed to every year before 2018? Seriously, how have we not gotten sick and tired of movies led by men yet?)(Oh wait, that’s why I turn off 50% of the films I try to watch). And a lot of complaints about feminist films. Ugh, I’m so pissed.
And I wish I could support the movie but it doesn’t look that good (even though Taraji is in it- that’s the only promising thing). Much as I love Creedence Clearwater Revival I’m not going to sign off on this one.
- I haven’t seen Beguiled or Dunkirk yet. These are things that need to happen. Here’s a very funny and very insightful review of Dunkirk from the one and only Movie Bob.
- THERE ARE NEW TRAILERS OUT AND I’M GETTING EXCITED!
- Everything about The Shape of Water, in which it would appear that Lauren Lee Smith falls in love with a
fisherman(No, autocorrect, I meant what I said) fishman. Can we talk about all the ways this is amazing? 1) Guillermo del Toro. I love Guillermo del Toro. I even really liked Crimson Peak. Okay, I’m not a big fan of Hellboy- but Pan’s Labyrinth and The Devil’s Backbone? Those are my jam(s)(?). 2) The trailer song is La Javanaise by Madeleine Peyroux. Swoon. I’m not sure there are more than two reasons but those two reasons are definitely enough.
- I always new Frosty was up to something sinister. The Snowman, an upcoming serial killer movie. Looks like there’s some potential there? The cast certainly isn’t shit (Hello, Michael Fassbender).
- Only The Brave: an upcoming film about firefighters fighting fires bravely. And Jeff Bridges!
- Or maybe I’ll just watch Kingsman: The Golden Circle to get my Jeff Bridges fix. I’ll definitely be seeing Kingsman: The Golden Circle. I loved the first one. And I just went back and revisited the epic church fight scene to the first one (set to Free Bird by Lynyrd Skynyrd). the new one looks pretty incredible except i don’t want to get my hopes up too high. Yep, it looks stupid. That’s it, definitely stupid.
Excited for any upcoming films?
(Taron Egerton please marry me?)