As always, on the first of the month I like to share my new desktop background. As always, it is tiled.
Also- under two weeks until I arrive in France. GAH.
So what’s been happening this week on the interwebs?
- Harvard thinks it’s found the next Einstein- and she’s 23. Honestly, I feel like if my Dad could choose his ideal daughter, this would be she.
- Game of Thrones characters and their Pixar counterparts. Agree? Disagree? Have any to add?
- Have you ever made use of the professional clapback? (Autocorrect wants to turn that to clambake). These honestly give me tingles of guilty joy.
- Iceland has nearly eradicated Down Syndrome births. And it’s kind of controversial. What do you think? Being personally pro-choice, and recognizing the immense responsibility that comes with caring for a more-dependent-than-average child, I’m in favor of parents having a knowledge of fetal abnormalities and making a decision that they feel is best for themselves and their family.
- 15 Surprising Things About Parenting in the Philippines.
- Inside Mariah Carey’s closet– no visible skeletons, but lady is a character.
- I’m really glad that Garance Dore has seemingly returned to creating content for the site she founded. I shared her Lenny Letter about her battle with infertility yesterday. Here’s more on her decision to distance herself further from the fashion shows.
- The Oui by Yoplait commercials are hysterical and I’ve watched all of them.
- Speaking of consumerism that capitalizes on the French mystique- this French Kiss t-shirt is also cracking me up.
- Next time I go to New York City (whenever that will be) I need to stop here.
- The best of French illustration
- Are you a ‘Becky’? The five types of Becky, classified.
- Tumblr posts for women who are sick and tired of bullshit. Because an avocado is not a “woman’s vegetable.” If anything it’s a “woman’s fruit”.
- Pop Culture Detective is back! This time with the Adorkable Misogyny of The Big Bang Theory.