It’s time for a words post with an added dimension of fun- I’m also going to include words that I’m learning here in France. I hope to get around to an update post soon, with a general list of experiences and fun things and weird experiences like the fact that I locked myself out of my house today (whoops).
The annoying thing is I thought of one going to sleep last night and din’t write it down because I was too tired to get up, figuring I would remember it- and of course I forgot it.
- tuchus: The booty
- scrofula: A tuberculosis-related disease
- neonate: A scientific name for a baby about which you have no fuzzy feelings.
- hoi polloi
- sturgeon: Les poissons les poissons
- cahoots: A fun thing to be in.
- flouer: to con or dupe. This is from an advertisement for the new Tom Cruise film. I think it’s called American Made in the US, but here it’s going by American Traffic. Or maybe Barry Seal. Honestly there’s a lot of confusing things about those posters.
- brouillard (m): fog, mist
- maso (m): short for masochiste. I saw this on a weird advertisement.
- rêche: Rough. My inspiration being reading the back of a bottle of conditioner. You have no idea how hard it is to pick conditioner when you don’t know any of the adjectives.