Have you ever played Hot Seat?
The idea of the game is exactly what it sounds like. You have a group of people and one person is in the ‘hot seat’. The other members ask them personal questions, which they then answer. The person in the hot seat changes, generally after some number of questions or a specific amount of time.
It’s one of the most stressful and also most eye-opening of ice breakers. And I usually hate ice breakers. This is maybe the one exception.
Well, this and the blanket/name game. And the one where you pass an apple between your chin and chest around a circle. Make it an orange for extra mess.
I’m in a new group of people (there are 20 of us, to be exact) and I’ve decided I love everyone. Because I trust people pretty quickly (for better or worse) this means I want to know things about people and to share things about myself.
And my mind kind of naturally goes in the direction of introspection, lists, questions, and all that.
Some favorite hot seat questions:
- Of this group, with which 3 (or some number) would you prefer to be stuck in an elevator?
- What is your favorite thing about your personality?
- What do you think is the worst facet of your personality?
- What’s your favorite dream?
- Can you remember the lowest moment of your life? What was it?
- What is your deepest fear?
- When was the last time you got in a fight with someone? What was it about?
- If you could pick an age to die, what would it be?
- What is the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
- How many near death experiences have you had?
- The worst time someone tried to hit on you?
- What’s the best moment you’ve ever had in the rain?
- Who is the most famous person you’ve met?
- What is your greatest hope for your life?
- How long does it take you to trust people?
- What’s a bad habit you have?
I’m avoiding PG 13 + questions because I’ve decided that for today this blog is family-oriented.