I did something kind of dumb- which is, having never had a Tinder in America, I created a profile when I got to France.
It’s been a good way to practice French, truthfully, but also I’m learning (and noticing) some odd things. Fill me in- what’s normal for Tinder and which of these are weird specific to a 40 km radius of Versailles?
- I’ve learned a lot of great but not widely applicable/appropriate words and phrases. Some favorites:
Enculer- to ass fuck
Je te mange le cul- I can eat your ass.
- A guy named Adrien who looks weirdly like Adrien Brody.
I do not mind.
- A lot of Yankees hats.
I DO mind.
- A good number who are mutual friends with friends of mine from college and even high school. It’s a small world after all.
- The stereotypical douchebag look (lots of squinting, a fair amount of pouty lips and duck face, etc.) is alive and well across the Atlantic.
- Someone who said their favorite things are penguins and waffles. Am ready to marry.
- Too much facial hair. Although I do understand this is a matter of opinion.
- A lot of people from this Middle East. I think because I am closer to the Middle East here.
- A lot of guys giving health advice in there profiles. Like “Eat healthfully and live well, strawberries are good for the stomach.”
- So much smoking. So much for living healthfully and strawberries.
- A lot of guys named Quentin…?
- Speaking of names… I never realized there were so many Thibaults. I dig it.
- Also a lot of Mehdis.