I’m back in France (landed yesterday morning) but still thinking about films. Some things never change.
- The Post: They’ve asked tons screen this at the White House which I find very interesting given 1) the content and 2) the presence of the very-overrated Meryl Streep.
- A Fantastic Woman
- Winchester: This doesn’t actually look good but I love creepy house films and I could be wrong.
- Red Sparrow: Ballerina Jennifer Lawrence becomes Russian Intelligence agent. Could be good. Could be Atomic Blonde 2, Atomic Redhead.
- Isle of Dogs: Wes Anderson!
- Lean on Pete: Horses!
- You Were Never Really Here: Joaquin Phoenix and guns!
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: There’s been a lot of behind the scenes drama with this project. I hope it turns out well because I will never not love a good Star Wars. And I’ll be sad if they besmirch the Harrison Ford/Han Solo legacy.
- Deadpool 2: Of course.
- Ocean’s 8: I was questioning this on a kind of Ghostbusters remake basis but the trailer looks excellent and has assuaged most of my fears. Love that the heist is set at the Met Gala.
- The Incredibles 2: Edna’s coming back!
- Mulan: Live action Mulan. I’m torn. I don’t believe there’s a need but if one is coming I might be here for it.
- Bohemian Rhapsody: Another film with a lot of behind the scenes drama, but I’m excited. Queen is cool.
- Creed 2: It didn’t need a sequel but I did like the first Creed quite a bit.
You’ll notice that the list os largely big Hollywood films, as these are the ones that tend to schedule their release dates far into the future (as opposed to the smaller independent films I tend to prefer).
One thought on “Most Anticipated Film Releases 2018”