There isn’t even a pun to excuse my French title.
I’m just a pretentious elitist who thinks the French language is beautiful and kind of encompasses what I want to get across? Except of course it doesn’t really get it across because the majority of my readers (hypothetically, if I had readers- really I know it’s mainly Mom and dad out there- hi guys, how you doin’?) speak English, given that this blog is in English.
Given a few weeks for my resolutions to marinate, I’ve come up with some more concrete steps to take to care for myself. And it’s really necessary, given that I seem to have developed a forte for a) burning myself (I mean, I guess. That looks like a burn) and b) falling up/down stairs (is it still a shiner if it’s on your knee?)
So let’s do this!
- Start flossing again. You know how flossing is essentially the first thing to go when you’re tired and/or stressed. Given that I’m tired and/or stressed the majority of the time (sigh, modern life), it’s been a while since I’ve been solidly on the daily oral hygiene bandwagon. On the same note- mouthwash?
- Get a lighter. I have a candle (a beautiful beeswax one that my dad made me for Christmas (again, hi Dad!) and I need to light its fire, as it were. Can you imagine the self-soothing happiness and love from a softly glowing beeswax smell that reminds you of the love of a parental unit?
- Stay hydrated. The world is a broken record when it comes to staying hydrated, but do any of us really listen? I don’t.
- Take care of my feet. Now that I’m not a *competitive dancer* my feet aren’t necessarily a lost cause. In fact, they might even be resuscitated (resuscitable?). The problem is that it’s a bit chilly to not be wearing socks or slippers 24/7 and my feet want to breathe. I’ve noticed that I have some proprioception issues, so even when my feet are warm enough, I don’t tend to notice (which reminds me to take off my slippers now).
- Take my vitamins/supplements again. It’s been years since I took my vitamins regularly, which as a vegan is a bit of a no no. Time to get back on the B12.
- Listen to more music. Now that I’ve confirmed that my 10 year old ipod has not in fact been lost to the winds of time, my horizon of musical possibilities has been reopened.
- Stretch more. Especially during our class breaks. Sitting and smelling from 9-5 gets a bit exhausting for the body. I always feel so much better after I’ve moved a bit.
- Don’t skimp. I have a tendency toward self abnegation, which is a lot less now that I’m not anorexic. But there are still a few things I do that I only really realized recently are related to how I value myself. So I’m going to really use my products for their purposes (i.e. definitely adequate amounts of moisturizer, replacing my contact solution daily, those kinds of luxurious/very necessary things).
- Replace my mascara and eyeliner. My mascara is almost empty and I’m hitting my pan on my MAC pot, which I’ve had since 9th grade anyway (for reference, I’m in 17th grade now). I shouldn’t have that stuff so close to my eyeballs.
- Listen to ASMR before bed if I want.
2 thoughts on “Se Soigner”
As somebody whose native language is not English, I can relate to the feeling when a phrase or a word from a language different from the one you’re using at the moment expresses your sentiment better than even a very close analog in the language used in the conversation or writing.
It’s a nice list but it has too many goals. It would be much easier to achieve them 1-2 at a time and feel good about it than fail at at least half of them within the next month, adding to other negatives that you’re trying to negate (pun is probably intended) the feeling of failure.
How about doing more stretching and at least one extra drink of water per day for the next 7 days? 😉
LikeLiked by 1 person
I know exactly what you mean! Some ideas are just so much better expressed by certain languages!
I have to say I’m doing pretty well with the goals- I haven’t gotten the lighter yet and finding the perfect mascara/eyeliner is always a fun kind of research project- but flossing and stretching are a-okay! Keeping me sane for my test tomorrow 😛
LikeLiked by 2 people