Hello all, I’m completely immersing myself in doing nothing- but somehow that ends up with me writing immense to do lists to take up this newfound free time (and to prevent myself from doing the lab report I still have over my head).
And it’s a fair amount colder here than in France- but I can’t say exactly how much colder because I’ve also switched from Celsius to Fahrenheit and I don’t know the exact conversion. It’s not stopping me from daydreaming about the real summer though. From doing garden work to thinking about dresses and bathing suits to planning possible travels and beach reads, my brain is charging toward summertime.
One of the places I’m hoping to go is a certain yoga retreat that I’ve been a few times before, either for a program or an R&R.
But I’m not sure which program I might want to do- here are the ones I’m looking at, with a one-sentence summary.
Spoiler: They don’t have yoga with baby goats, which is a serious disappointment.
- The Power of Moving Towards: Moving towards is one component of Azul, a conscious movement practice and path of personal transformation created by Amara Pagano.
- Awaken Your Divinity Within: Paul Selig introduces techniques to heal yourself and others, develop and sustain higher levels of consciousness, and release emotional blocks that keep you from manifesting your higher nature.
- Hiking and Yoga: Explore miles of trails directly adjacent to the Kripalu campus, and enjoy group yoga classes with experienced outdoor guides and yoga faculty.
- Moving into Bliss with Yoga: Vishva-ji applies the map of the koshas to a full repertoire of yoga techniques including lifestyle tips, asana, pranayama, mantra, yoga nidra, and meditation, bringing insights from traditional wisdom into your present-day practice.
- Radiance Sutras Flow: Experience a contemporary perspective on time-honored yoga philosophy, the wisdom of The Radiance Sutras, ecstatic dance, and Kripalu vinyasa flow.
- Kripalu Outdoors: Satisfy your longing for a connection to nature as you explore hiking, kayaking, and yoga in the beauty of the Berkshires.
- Yoga Fusion: Yoga Fusion brings together leading instructors from various traditions for a powerful weekend of collaboration and community.
- Natural Spiritual Progress: Spend a weekend with a yoga master who has devoted 50 years of his life to understanding, practicing, teaching, and refining the traditional yoga received from his teacher.
- Power Vinyasa Yoga: Celebrate Power Vinyasa Yoga and learn how to develop a healthy, lifelong practice.
- Designing a Life that Matters: Debbie Millman reveals the common denominators that often hold people back and offers unique tools to help you conquer the obstacles you have put in your own way.
- Awakening Shakti: Using closely guided meditation, mantra, visualization, and inner journeying, this powerful, experiential program opens the body’s core channels and invokes the Sacred Feminine within the body and mind.