It’s been in some ways an absolutely awful day but I’m still pretty content. To explain the first part of that, I was fueled by food poisoning sometime around 2 am last night and my stomach is still feeling pretty tender. On top of that, I wasn’t able to find the perfect plantings for my garden urns. I’m thinking maybe nasturtiums.
To explain the latter part, it’s the birthday of one of my best friends and I got to see her for the first time in what feels like forever. And in spite of my relative nausea, hanging out and catching up was lovely.
I’m enjoying Middlemarch, A Quiet Place was fantastic, and seeing the Art in Bloom exhibit at the Museum of Fine Arts yesterday was beautiful and completely brought out my inner elderly white lady. But what can I say, I love flower shows and I won’t deny it.
I have a scarcity of links this week, and you can decide if that’s good or bad!
- Allure on women in the fragrance industry. Like fashion, its a business led by men that caters largely to women.
- Certain scents are found to reduce dogs’ stress levels in animal shelters.
- A list of things that intimidate me. Oddly relatable. What would be on your list?
- Self-discovery comes in all shapes and sizes.
- Scientists discover an enzyme that can break down PET plastic.
Truly, that’s all I have. It’s pretty shameful.
The yoga retreat has been picked!
RADIANCE SUTRAS FLOW
Man am I ready for some ecstatic dance
I mean, not right now, because I have food poisoning, but in general.