And you know how I feel about Disney.
Which is to say, everything else takes a backseat and your not so regularly scheduled programming will return at a later date (maybe tomorrow?)
So here’s the bracket:
It’s tearing both the internet and my soul apart, so I thought I would share it because misery loves company.
Let’s get down to brass tacks.
Round One Disney:
- Lion King v Tarzan: I love both of these but only saw Tarzan for the first time a few years ago, while I grew up with Lion King. And everything about Lion King is ‘modern classic’.
- The Princess and the Frog v Lilo and Stitch: Both movies I’ve seen only once, both I like quite a bit. I’m going to go with Lilo and Stitch this time.
- Tangled v Big Hero 6: I honestly don’t really like Tangled.
- Frozen v Moana: Moana wins handily.
- Aladdin v Hercules: I love Hercules but didn’t watch it much as a child (I don’t think we had it on VHS), while Aladdin is one of my all time favorites.
- The Little Mermaid v Pocahontas: I keep coming back t this one and keep surprising myself by picking Pocahontas. Guess I just can’t get over Colors of the Wind.
- Mulan v Zootopia: Agh, hard. The wonderfulness of Zootopia just can’t compete with something I sang along with in preschool and danced to at my first ballroom performance.
- Beauty and the Beast v Nightmare Before Christmas: Maybe not the way everyone would go but I’m not hugely fond of Beauty and the Beast, save Lumiere, Philippe, and Angela Lansbury.
Pixar Round One:
- Up v Brave: Kind of indifferent, honestly. Up has that one beautiful montage that puts it over the excellent animation of horses throughout Brave. I have my own priorities.
- Toy Story v Toy Story 2: Toy Story 2 was always too dark for me as a child and the one time I revisited it I was nonplussed.
- Coco v Cars 2: I’ve never seen Cars 2 and I don’t plan to.
- Toy Story 3 v The Good Dinosaur: Duh.
- Ratatouille v Bug’s Life: Why am I doing this to myself? Bug’s Life. The first film I ever saw in theaters. Sorry Ratatouille!
- Finding Nemo v Inside Out: Honestly either of these will probably lose to whatever it goes up against in the next round. Both disqualified! More memories with memo but I like Inside Out better as a film.
- Monsters Inc v Cars: Put that thing back where it came from or so help me!
- The Incredibles v WallE: The Incredibles is a masterpiece, Edna Mode is an icon and I am so hyped for the sequel.
Round Two Disney:
- Lion King v Lilo and Stitch:
- Big Hero 6 v Moana:
- Aladdin v Pocahontas:
- Mulan v Nightmare Before Christmas: All easy choices this time through. It’s the calm before the storm.
Round Two Pixar:
- Up v Toy Story:
- Coco v Toy Story 3: That hurt a little.
- Bug’s Life v N/A: That didn’t.
- Monsters Inc v The Incredibles: This fight went the other way when i did it yesterday.
Round Three Disney:
- Lion King v Moana:
- Aladdin v Mulan: Sobbing.
Round Three Pixar:
- Toy Story v Toy Story 3:
- Bug’s Life v Monster’s Inc: To whoever created this sadistic bracket: Who hurt you?
Round Four Disney:
- Lion King v Aladdin: UPSET (in many senses of the word)
Round Four Pixar:
- Toy Story 3 v Bug’s Life:
- Aladdin v Bug’s Life: ARABIAN NIIIIIIGHTS
Just glad they didn’t put in Peter Pan or Lady and the Tramp because then I might have jumped from the window.