Happy Friday! It seems like a pretty good day 9a bit nippy) and I’m looking forward to some exciting doings this weekend.
How about you?
- Why does gender-neutral fashion so often mean typically masculine clothes? The problem with Abercrombie’s new gender-neutral collection.
- Perfumer Ruth Mastenbroek: “I had to memorize more than 2000 ingredients.”
I feel you, Ruth.
- Well, this is attractive.
- The trailers for The House that Jack Built (Lars von Trier, viewer discretion advised), Bohemian Rhapsody (Yay Queen!), and Blackkklansman (Because Adam Driver is amazing always).
- What a bizarre animation. Potential propaganda for No Shave November?
- The Cumberbatch demands equal pay for female co-stars. I knew there was a reason I liked his strange alien face.
- Black hair, a built in political statement whichever way you slice it (or wear it, I guess).
- Mother’s Day just passed so 2017’s baby name statistics have finally been released. Check out the names that have returned to the charts after years of absence (meaning there were given to less than five children a year) and the most popular names by state (the geographic breakdown is really interesting).
- The incredibly personal dress Thandie Newton wore to the Cannes Solo premiere.
- I found myself nodding in agreement through this entire four minute segment.
- GQ’s amusing send up of some recent photoshop snafus (not naming any names!). What a great way to celebrate the comedy issue.