After a short hiatus that coincided with finals period and stress and projects, I am back in the US of A and home in Boston where there are cats and vegan food and gardens that need working it.
And a smallish backlog of links.
- All about the three-person committee that approves (and rejects) baby names in Iceland.
- “When you’re feeling frisky, try slow dancing in your kitchen with a healthy twenty centimeters of clearance in between your torsos.” and other sex advice from a woman in a Cialis commercial.
- The Problem with “Not Caring” about Pop Culture: relevant, revolutionary stories can come from anywhere — even a makeover show.
- Insert Millennial joke about Etat Libre d’Orange making a fragrance specifically for me [here].
- Yale University advancing the science of smell.
- This short story made me tear up… nice to be given back some faith in humanity.
- Very extra background extras– even better than Part 1.
- Just over here learning about The Dutch Angle.
- The story tellers who read aloud to Cuban cigar rollers. Wow.
- The story of the pilot who landed the Southwest Airlines flight.
- Cardi B is changing how black women are pregnant in public.
- Eight decades of royal British corgis are at an end.
- An analysis of The Simpsons and the Problem with Apu. Just jump right in here at Part 2.
- And a whole lot of exciting trailers: Solo, The Meg, The Incredibles 2, Mary Shelley, Hot Summer Nights (Heyyy, Timothee Chalamet!), Hereditary, Three Identical Strangers.