I’m back in the United States which means I’ve checked out an inappropriate amount of books and movies from the library.
Here’s what they are:
- White Negroes: When Cornrows were in Vogue… and Other Thoughts on Cultural Appropriation, Lauren Michele Jackson
- Women who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype, Clarissa Pinkola Estes
- Fantastic Women: 18 Tales of the Surreal and Sublime from Tin House
- Forty Stories, Donald Barthelme
- In the Gloaming: Stories, Alice Elliott Dark
- The Source of Self-Regard: Selected Essays, Speeches, and Meditations, Toni Morrison
- A Village in a Valley, Beverley Nichols
- Pick of the Litter
- Becoming Astrid
- Cold War
- Good Manners
- Land of Mine
- Room 237
- Maria by Callas
- Night Comes On
- Shadow (the one from last year)
- You Were Never Really Here
- Miss Hokusai
- L’Amant Double
It’s not so many links this week, so I’m going to supplement with some basic life facts; I just finished Vanity Fair, which I believe was on my list of long books I had and hadn’t read, and have moved on to The Ghost and Mrs. Muir.
I watched The Testament of Youth recently and really enjoyed it- somehow I seem to be picking out a lot of WWI, so I put a hole on Gallipoli at the library. It’s time. Bracing myself. I’m also debating watching It Comes at Night at the theater. It looks like a good suspenseful family drama, more than a horror film. Maybe Lily and I can watch it next weekend if it’s still playing.
Speaking of visiting friends, Gabriella is here for the weekend and she has four tiny tiny kittens! We’re planning fun and a potential visit to the Pride Parade at Boston tomorrow. What else? Visiting my aunt and uncle tomorrow meaning and possibly seeing another aunt next weekend. It’s a lovely confluence of people I care about.
Anything else? I took my first parkour lesson yesterday and it was great fun.
Onto the links! Continue reading “Friday Links 6/9: Not So Many”
A la Fast and Furious 2: 2 Fast, 2 Furious, I bring to you the second installation of Links for Fun (see the original here). And just in time for the weekend. Just interesting things I’ve pulled together from different corners of the web.
Happy Friday! Continue reading “2 Links, 2 Fun”