Hey it’s November which means I should be changing my desktop background but I haven’t yet and besides I’m very into the one I have right now.
Other news: Halloween has come and gone- not a big thing in France, beyond being a theme for some parties. But now that Halloween has gone and France doesn’t celebrate Thanksgiving (obviously) does this mean I can start watching Christmas movies and listening to Little Drummer Boy? I’m dipping my toe in today with Joyeux Noel, which is half war film and half holiday film. I tried watching Emmet Otter’s Jug Band Christmas earlier, which has all the hallmarks of being something I should love (Jim Henson muppets is the only hallmark you need, really) but I only got a few minutes in. Am I getting too old?
- A peek into dating as a single Mom and what changes as things get serious.
- New research finds that prosecutors give white defendants better deals than black defendants. Raise your hand if you’re not surprised.
- Here’s a new portrait series debuting in Paris that I’ve seen a lot about but probably won’t go to. But I do want my portrait done. A lost art.
- “There is a partial overlap between the areas in our brains which deal with olfactory perception and those which process emotions.” What your sense of smell can reveal about your emotional expression.
- There’s a new Last Jedi tv spot!
- More about The Killing of a Sacred Deer, which I am super excited for despite being not super pleasantly perplexed by The Lobster.
- I’m always so excited when Pop Culture Detective releases a new video. The most recent? WallE as sociological storytelling: how the system influences our actions.
- It’s Mueller time. If Mueller were Lee Van Cleef in For a Few Dollars More.