I’m back in the United States which means I’ve checked out an inappropriate amount of books and movies from the library.
Here’s what they are:
- White Negroes: When Cornrows were in Vogue… and Other Thoughts on Cultural Appropriation, Lauren Michele Jackson
- Women who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype, Clarissa Pinkola Estes
- Fantastic Women: 18 Tales of the Surreal and Sublime from Tin House
- Forty Stories, Donald Barthelme
- In the Gloaming: Stories, Alice Elliott Dark
- The Source of Self-Regard: Selected Essays, Speeches, and Meditations, Toni Morrison
- A Village in a Valley, Beverley Nichols
- Pick of the Litter
- Becoming Astrid
- Cold War
- Good Manners
- Land of Mine
- Room 237
- Maria by Callas
- Night Comes On
- Shadow (the one from last year)
- You Were Never Really Here
- Miss Hokusai
- L’Amant Double
Hi hi hi. I missed the links post last week not because I didn’t have enough to share, just from pure laziness. So it’s a bit heavy on the links today, but I have broken them down into bite-size and easily digestible categories.
- A wince-worthy compilation of Dad Jokes.
- The New Dad: What the evolution of stock photos shows about our changing understanding of paternity and parenthood.
- How ASMR became an internet phenomenon.
- This Parisian restaurant only lets you in with a baby or a bump.
- I’ve been following this illustrator for a long time and now she’s selling some of her prints of Etsy!
- Bumblebees use scent and color patterns to tell flowers apart.
I haven’t been posting much/at all this past week because I’m traveling and on break and in Spain (and tomorrow I’ll be meeting my parents in Malta). But this evening I’m being antisocial and hanging out in my basement room, and I have a few links to dispense with.