Really, there’s no pattern. Come see:
- Ashes to Ashes, David Bowie: “Ashes to ashes, funk to funky, we know Major Tom’s a junky.”
- Harvest Moon, Neil Young
- Ghost Riders in the Sky, Johnny Cash
- The Chain, Fleetwood Mac
- Witchy Woman, The Eagles
- Castle in the Sky, The Avener & Kadebostany
- 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover, Paul Simon
- Une Femme, Albin de la Simone
- Let it Be, The Beatles
Yes, I still have my 3rd generation iPod nano. It has a name (iPooh) and it turned ten years old on my birthday this year. I got it in seventh grade. It’s a wee silver iPod nano and I still update it regularly with whatever music I’m listening to the most. Because it’s small, portable, and has remarkable battery powder. And I’m fond of it.
Thankfully I do do iPod culls. Because I do not still listen to the music I listened to in seventh grade (I don’t even want to think about it). There are only about 400 or 500 (or maybe 600) songs on it.
And some bands are much better represented than others. The fact that I keep it full of my most-listened to means that the majority of bands and musicians are represented only once or twice. The following are the most notable exceptions, with five or more tracks, each.
- Creedence Clearwater Revival, 5
- Edith Piaf, 5
- Fleetwood Mac, 5
- Glass Animals, 5: The problem here is all of the songs sound the same, so does this count as five songs or one? I’m not sure really.
- Nouvelle Vague, 5
- Daddy Yankee, 6: The sound of home, for me. I grew up to Gasolina. Whatever that says about my life.
- Lana del Rey, 6
- Sia, 6
- The Beatles, 7
- David Bowie, 8
- Simon & Garfunkel, 11
- The Rolling Stones, 12
Perhaps I’ll do a future post on my most-listened to songs. The problem is that I have a kind of OCD tendency to reset the number of listens. So it might take a little while.
Inspired by my recent obsession, Mirel Wagner, and by my last first day of classes at university tomorrow, which is as haunting as anything I know.
But hey, silver linings!: I’ll finally be able to return/check out my books and the dining halls are going to have the “Golden Jewels” quinoa blend for dinner, which makes my little soul a happy clam.
I also forgot to put on perfume until just now (1:36 pm!). Dzing! it is.
Lets start with the inspiration of the post: Continue reading “Haunting Lady Vocals”