Happy Christmas Eve Eve! I arrived home yesterday afternoon and am super jet lagged and being treated to a very New England ice storm.
It’s excellent. We’re going to see The Last Jedi tonight and I think my excitement will be such that I will stay awake. I’ve heard lots of interesting things about it but have so far avoided any spoilers.
I have a healthy (and scented!) collection of links this week!
- Quentin Bisch on “a journey to dreams and emotions” and what it means to be a Givaudan-trained perfumer.
- Why perfume descriptions are never about smell (hint- it involves the close link between fragrance and memory)
- The Cult of Le Labo Santal 33. I think it smells like cucumber.
- Zoologist has some new releases– I think Camel sounds very appealing.
The year-end photo compendiums are coming in, here are two favorites…
On the fashion front:
- What did happen to jeans in 2017? Honestly, whatever it was, I kind of liked it.
- An Instagram account I’ve started following, which gorgeously marries art and fashion/cosmetics.
- Finding one’s sense of style really is a personal journey. I don’t think I could truly define my style beyond ‘things that make me happy and that I like wearing’.
And the more miscellaneous:
- What did you learn this year? I loved reading the comments.
- The Ocean’s 8 trailer has me excited.
- Pantone’s Spring 2018 color trend forecast.
- Some great gift ideas for francophiles (ahem, me) via My Little Paris.
- Excited to see Swing Time on this list of the world’s coolest playgrounds. It inspired me to search for Imagination Station and discover that it was in fact a thing and not just a figment of my childhood imagination. Now that was a playground.
- This clip of the original Fantasia just blew my mind.
- Keeping the NYC Vogue scene alive.
- How to wrap a cat.