I meant to write this post up yesterday, but I was in a bad, not very companionable mood. I’m feeling better today, having, among other things, cooked some beautiful dal and finished watching Mother!, which was much better than last autumn’s reviews had led me to believe it would be.
Other news? I’m looking forward to seeing Deadpool 2, probably this weekend, hoping to go out for meal or ice cream (or both), my chocolate quinoa pancakes continue to be excellent, and Solo is getting some pretty mediocre reviews. Oh, and I’m falling behind on reading Travels with Charley.
Here’s what else I have checked out:
- Travels with Charley
- How to Break Up with Your Phone
- The Little Book of Lykke: The followup to the widely acclaimed Little Book of Hygge. I’ve actually already finished it, just not ready to return it yet.
- Lolly Willowes
- Ripley’s Game: Wondering if this third installment will be the one that puts me off the Ripley series
- The Wings of the Dove: I really fear the day when I have no more big Henry James. This and The Golden Bowl. That’s all I’ve got left, I think.
- The Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning
- Gran Torino: Clint Eastwood is bae.
- Lady Snowblood: Miss Havisham goes violent samurai.
- Enter the Dragon: Triggered by a youtube video pointing out a very extra extra.
- The Furies: Barbara Stanwyck is also bae.
- My Name is Nobody
- The Old Gun: Yay westerns!
- Frenzy: One of the chronologically last Hitchcock films and one of the last ones I haven’t seen yet.
- Amarcord: The first movie of Fellini’s that I’ve liked.