I can tell you now that, to my knowledge, only one good thing has come from Trump’s ‘shithole/shithouse’ comments- and that is my rediscovery of my love of funk (via having Brick House stuck in my head 24/7).
I can also confirm that the origins of my fondness for funk are almost certainly rooted in numerous childhood viewings of Muppets from Space.
Watch the sky.
As I write this it’s 7:39 in the morning and I’m actively jamming out to I Got You/I Feel Good by James Brown. With earbuds in, of course.
- Brick House- Commodores
- It’s Your Thing- Isley Brothers
- Shining Star- Earth, Wind, and Fire
- Thank You- Sly and The Family Stone
- Get Up Offa That Thing- James Brown
- September- Earth, Wind, and Fire
- Get Down Tonight- KC and the Sunshine Band
- Le Freak- CHIC
- I Got You- James Brown
- Stayin’ Alive- Bee Gees
- Boogie Shoes- KC and the Sunshine Band
- Shake Your Booty- KC and the Sunshine Band
My familiarity with Le Freak and Thank You owe less to the Muppets and more to 102 Dalmatians and Scooby Doo 2, respectively.
Wow, I feel old.