Hi hi hi. I missed the links post last week not because I didn’t have enough to share, just from pure laziness. So it’s a bit heavy on the links today, but I have broken them down into bite-size and easily digestible categories.
- A wince-worthy compilation of Dad Jokes.
- The New Dad: What the evolution of stock photos shows about our changing understanding of paternity and parenthood.
- How ASMR became an internet phenomenon.
- This Parisian restaurant only lets you in with a baby or a bump.
- I’ve been following this illustrator for a long time and now she’s selling some of her prints of Etsy!
- Bumblebees use scent and color patterns to tell flowers apart.
I turned 22.5 yesterday and today I have an exam that threatens to destroy all that I hold most dear. I’ve been studying since I woke up at 5:30 am. (Approximately five hours ago). There are about three hours left. It’s panic time.
Here’s what’s happening online:
- Kate DiCamillo (author of Because of Winn-Dixie, and others) on why children’s books should be a little sad.
- You can smell when someone is sick. Here’s a case where a woman was able to identify Parkinson’s patients by body odor, some even before they were clinically diagnosed.
- NBA = ballet? Check out these beautiful unplanned synchronized moments.
- Hedi Slimane takes over at Celine, replacing Phoebe Philo. Not a fan of this development.
- An ode to the pre-teen bedroom, complete with bead curtain.
- Ann Curry may have a baby crush on Stephen Colbert but I have a baby crush on Ann Curry.
- First there was athleisure. Now there is bath-leisure.
- Screen Junkies casts the It sequel– the prestige, the popcorn, and the provocative versions (the latter featuring Jared Kushner).
- Full cast and vague plot details have been announced for The Incredibles II and I am salivating.
- This webcomic is my current (as of yesterday) obsession and I’m narrowly avoiding bingeing it instead of studying. It’s sold out but if you buy it in book form it comes with a plush. Here’s the author/illustrators tumblr for more info.
- Phantom Thread is the last big Oscar nominee that I haven’t seen. Here are some of the films from which director Paul Thomas Anderson drew inspiration (including Rebecca!) and an amazing short film featuring under-the-radar lead actress Vicky Krieps.
- One thing I really like about this capsule wardrobe article in particular (among the seeming billions out there, which get
a bit very repetitive) is the recognition that, because everyone’s style is different, so will everyone’s capsule wardrobe be.
- What is Scandinavian style and why is it gaining so much traction globally?
- Living for Colbert’s imitation of French President Emmanuel Macron. It starts around 2 minutes in.
- In case you’re wondering what I’m doing here in France, here’s a video featuring some of my classmates.
- And to round out this rather fashion-focused week, Kate Spade succulent sandals.
I started a post on fluff books as Christmas presents but was overwhelmed b the number of options that hit me, so I’m just doing a links post for now! I hope your holiday days are going well. My plans for the evening involve replacing my lost library card and buying myself some Christmas magazines. I’ll let you know which ones I pick in a few days. Continue reading “Links: Tidings of Comfort and Joy”