I haven’t been posting much/at all this past week because I’m traveling and on break and in Spain (and tomorrow I’ll be meeting my parents in Malta). But this evening I’m being antisocial and hanging out in my basement room, and I have a few links to dispense with.
- A few exciting trailers:
On Chesil Beach, with Saoirse Ronan, based on the novel by Ian McEwan. I’m kind of excited because 1) Saoirse and 2) Ian McEwan. But I tried to read On Chesil Beach and had to put it aside. I just wasn’t interested, but that’s been my experience with every McEwan novel that wasn’t Atonement.
More films to get excited about (Thanks, Bob!). I’m so here for a Lizzie Borden biopic. And Ocean’s Eight. And Incredibles II (as I’ve said 50+ times). And Padmaavat (which I haven’t talked about yet). And Jamie Lee Curtis returning for Halloween. Gasp.
- All I do is think about movies. Here’s a spicy biopic. Weirdly inspiring and heartwarming story, actually.
- Speaking of biopics- Lupita Nyong’o is going to play Trevor Noah’s mother and it’s perfect.
- On breaking the stigma around vaginal health and getting familiar with your vulva. Are we such strangers because of a prudish and anti feminine culture of because it’s located at such a weird and difficult to see place on our bodies? I don’t know.
- What it feels like to slide downhill at 90 mph.
- A review of one of my favorite films of all time. The dubbing never bothered me anyway.
- The new choir teacher.
- An Olympics streaker in tutu and monkey penis pouch. You do you.
- I love Livia Marin’s Nomad Patterns series.
- Adorable and hilarious illustrated guide to dog breeds. Check out the creator’s tumblr here.
- A lovely personal article about the promise of gay Olympians like figure skater Adam Rippon.