No preamble. Down and dirty style.
I spent yesterday in Paris and I have to say that it was truly one of the best days I have had on four hours of sleep (the other one being that time our flight to Florida was delayed but we still spent the whole next day at MGM/Disney Studios Hollywood/whatever they’re calling it now).
So the agenda was as follows:
- I went in around 11:30 am, got in a bit after noon and went to the Grand Palais to see the Irving Penn photography exhibit that I missed when it was at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. It was really excellent and I’m very glad that I went. I kind of glided over the photography I was less interested in (the close up portraits of cigarette butts, for example) but I was really into the portraits of artists (Colette! Joan Didion! Always DTF Truman Capote!) and the beautiful nudes (which Facebook subsequently made me take down (free the nipple)).
- After about an hour and a half with Irving Penn, I met Luis (a fellow ISIPCA student) and had a very refreshing Perrier while he had lunch.
- And then we went to the Le Grand Musee du Parfum, which was super cool and overlapped a lot with things we’re learning in school- particularly the historical aspects. It helps that the professor who went through perfume history with us is on the artistic board/board of directors/I’m not sure what for the museum.
- The gift shop had some lovely smelling opportunities, which were continued when we visited Jovoy, a niche-oriented perfume shop that wasn’t too far away. Another student (Oliver) met up with us there. (My favorite thing I tried was Romanza by Masque Milano, but I already new I’m very into it, so no big new discoveries.
- We went back to Gare St Lazare, stopped at Jo Malone on the way to try to get Luis a sample or Orris & Sandalwood, failed, and then made the trip home to Versailles.
Hi! Let’s do a quick rundown on my personal life since last Friday links post. I’ve moved to France.
That was shorter than I expected it to be. Continue reading “Late Links 9/16: Let’s do this thing!”
I have a lot of exciting news to share that I can’t share yet because not everyone in my physical life knows the news yet- but stay tuned for a thrilling announcement.
On a less significant but still exciting note: I won $150 dollars off of Dad this morning. It’s been a good day.
Other news: I’m away this weekend and into Tuesday, being back Tuesday night and possibly posting again on Wednesday. So a short hiatus, in honor of Independence Day and family visiting. So instead of checking in here, do enjoy your barbecues and illegal fireworks, popsicles and movie nights with the family.
Other other news: I’ve been very excited by the growth of the blog in the past few months, and you may remember that last month was the first that views exceeded 1.0k. This being the last day of the month, you may be interested in an update of the blog views- with 2 more views we will breach 1.0k yet again! Which generally does happen in a day, statistically. But it is early and presumptuous to celebrate, so again stay tuned for Wednesday for the final word.
Now back to the actual links game that we play every Friday: Continue reading “Friday Links: 6/30 Edition”
I had an emotionally trying day, so let’s turn to the profound depths of the endless internet to drown my troubles.
Thankfully, after two weeks of fairly few links, I stumbled this week across a lot of interesting things (hope you’ll agree!) Continue reading “Friday Links 6/23: The Drought is Over”
Happy first Friday of June! It’s hard to believe we’re almost halfway through 2017 already.
And as I know you’re wondering, a brief update my spring summer resolutions:
- Yoga everyday: Successful, but mostly because I’m zealously practicing upside down tree pose (aka, a handstand)
- Dry brushing: Also successful- I’ve dry brushed once every day. It’s been good for my skin I think, especially because it helps me remember to moisturize.
- Daily meditation: Failure. I haven’t meditated since I posted indicated my intent to do so.
And the image above is my new monthly desktop background. Alright, I think that’s all the updates.
Oh, no it’s not, I lied. Excitingly, this May that just ended was the highest-viewed month that List Mimsy has had, tallying at over 1,000 views. Thanks everyone! Continue reading “Friday Links 6/2”