I am indeed more sane today! It’s amazing what a Chipotle burrito can do to pull back together the resolute American spirit.
And as goes my stress- I had my favorite pastry and a beautiful pear for breakfast today, went to the pastel exhibit at Petit Palais that I was looking forward to, bought a few things that I’ve been searching for (for years), and have a classic financier tucked in my desk for breakfast tomorrow (with a persimmon and maybe some chocolate (?).
So what is a classic financier I hear you ask? The almond one. My bakery had a pistachio-chocolate one (half and half), the almond, and a cherry one. How does one choose?
Well, I like fruit in pastry, but I usually have fresh fruit with my breakfast (I stole an excellent pear from my landlords today) and didn’t want to be outfruitied. And then I was considering pistachio, but when I got there realized I wasn’t feeling chocolate. It’s always best to start with the classic anyway.
So life is good.
Here are my links
- 5 Questions You Should Ask at Your Next Job Interview: Honestly these are so excellent (and reassuring given the underway-ness of my internship search. I’m prepared.)
- The stigma around therapy for mental illness. Such a great essay. I remember opening up and deciding to be upfront about my anxiety and anorexia in college. I continue to be and it’s made my life so much better.
- The nominations for the Dorian Awards, presented by the Gay and Lesbian Entertainment Critics Association, are so much more interesting (and in line with my preferences) than the Golden Globes ones. Check it out.
- Freakebana: the art of arranging random shit. There’s a (beautiful) instagram for everything.
- More #art. By which I mean a hilarious food instagram account.
- I’m so glad they did Black Narcissus on Alicia Malone’s Classic Film Club. One of my favorite movies ever. Extra points for the male love interest’s short shorts and for the pushy pony photobombing at the end of the film.
- The value of “white space” in your daily routine. Okay. But how much white space do you really need? Because I feel like I need A LOT.
- Barack Obama; cool dad (but not as cool as mine).
- Women’s Freestyle Vaulting. It’s like someone took a peek into my awesome imagination.