I’m back in France (landed yesterday morning) but still thinking about films. Some things never change.
- The Post: They’ve asked tons screen this at the White House which I find very interesting given 1) the content and 2) the presence of the very-overrated Meryl Streep.
- A Fantastic Woman
- Winchester: This doesn’t actually look good but I love creepy house films and I could be wrong.
- Red Sparrow: Ballerina Jennifer Lawrence becomes Russian Intelligence agent. Could be good. Could be Atomic Blonde 2, Atomic Redhead.
- Isle of Dogs: Wes Anderson!
- Lean on Pete: Horses!
- You Were Never Really Here: Joaquin Phoenix and guns!
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: There’s been a lot of behind the scenes drama with this project. I hope it turns out well because I will never not love a good Star Wars. And I’ll be sad if they besmirch the Harrison Ford/Han Solo legacy.
- Deadpool 2: Of course.
- Ocean’s 8: I was questioning this on a kind of Ghostbusters remake basis but the trailer looks excellent and has assuaged most of my fears. Love that the heist is set at the Met Gala.
- The Incredibles 2: Edna’s coming back!
- Mulan: Live action Mulan. I’m torn. I don’t believe there’s a need but if one is coming I might be here for it.
- Bohemian Rhapsody: Another film with a lot of behind the scenes drama, but I’m excited. Queen is cool.
- Creed 2: It didn’t need a sequel but I did like the first Creed quite a bit.
You’ll notice that the list os largely big Hollywood films, as these are the ones that tend to schedule their release dates far into the future (as opposed to the smaller independent films I tend to prefer).
I continue to be in France! That’s it for updates really (for now. stay tuned).
I have a lot of exciting news to share that I can’t share yet because not everyone in my physical life knows the news yet- but stay tuned for a thrilling announcement.
On a less significant but still exciting note: I won $150 dollars off of Dad this morning. It’s been a good day.
Other news: I’m away this weekend and into Tuesday, being back Tuesday night and possibly posting again on Wednesday. So a short hiatus, in honor of Independence Day and family visiting. So instead of checking in here, do enjoy your barbecues and illegal fireworks, popsicles and movie nights with the family.
Other other news: I’ve been very excited by the growth of the blog in the past few months, and you may remember that last month was the first that views exceeded 1.0k. This being the last day of the month, you may be interested in an update of the blog views- with 2 more views we will breach 1.0k yet again! Which generally does happen in a day, statistically. But it is early and presumptuous to celebrate, so again stay tuned for Wednesday for the final word.
Now back to the actual links game that we play every Friday: Continue reading “Friday Links: 6/30 Edition”
One final down and two to go. Again I apologize for the lack of content but I haven’t had the wherewithal to write anything between studying and collapsing from mental exhaustion- guys, I’ve been taking naps! It’s crazy and unheard of!
But I’m going to unload the links because there are some pretty fun ones and I don’t want to be buried in them. But for now nothing else. But regularly scheduled programming should resume after my last final on the 7th. Really, I’ve been so busy I realized I haven’t even changed my desktop background for the month, so I have none to show you. Maybe next week, because picking the perfect background takes focus. You have to look at it for a month, after all. Continue reading “Friday Links 5/5”
In honor of the beginning of the summer solstice, I’m going to be doing a bit of a seasonally themed week.
Summer movies are an interesting category. I think most people are familiar with the idea of the ‘summer blockbuster’, but I’m wondering more about what it is that actually makes a film as classically summery in feel as sandy toes and an iced tea on the porch. Continue reading “15 Summer Movies”